Dr. Jessica Eastman is a Naturopathic Doctor practicing in Vancouver, BC and makes her second appearance on the podcast.
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- Stage 1 of the sleep cycle (2:58)
- Stage 2 of the sleep cycle – memory consolidation and synaptic pruning (5:20)
- Stage 3 of the sleep cycle – Healing, growth and repair (13:25)
- Stage 4 of the sleep cycle – REM sleep (16:30)
- How stress impacts the sleep cycle (22:28)
- Brain networks and how they affect cognitive function and energy (24:44)
- How not getting optimal sleep affects our health (38:25)
- Optimal sleep times and why they matter (44:15)
- The optimal time for exercise (50:00)
- How to maximize growth hormone (55:20)
- How sleep affects our appetite and weight (104:17)
- Indicators of optimal sleep (111:15)
For more information visit www.drjessicaeastman.com and @drjessicaeastmannd on Instagram and Facebook.